Sunny · 28°
At this time we do not accept Hazardous Household Materials (paint, cleaners, chemical, etc.) We also do not accept furniture, brush or yard debris.
4125 Pheasant Ave.
Kensett, IA 50448
P.O. Box 23
Kensett, IA 50448
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The Worth County Recycling Facility is for residential waste and not commercial or industrial. We reserve the right to turn away any loads into our facility.
Rural Worth County Residents
Rural residents of Worth County are only allowed to dispose of household garbage and recyclable materials.
- Waste must be bagged, tied, or boxed for disposal at the facility. No loose items.
- Recyclable Materials do not need to be presorted. You will sort and place them in the appropriate receptacle once you arrive.
Accepted and Prohibited Materials
All Worth County Residents
All residents of Worth County are allowed to dispose of used tires (no rims), old appliances, waste oil, and scrap metal.
Covered Load Policy
- All open pickup beds and/or trailers containing material for disposal shall be covered and secured prior to arrival at the disposal site. Covering shall be flexible type materials such as tarps, heavy plastic or snow fence. Individual or multiple garbage cans (metal/plastic) with lids and secured to the box or trailer do not require a tarp. Non-flexible building materials such as lumber, drywall, etc. are not suitable covers. Ropes alone are not considered a cover.
- All covered loads shall be secured so materials can not fall or be blown form the load.
- Automobiles with open trunks transporting materials shall be secured so that material can not fall or be blown from the load.
- Anyone arriving at the Recycle Center with an uncovered load shall be given the option to leave and return with a proper cover (no extra fee) or pay the $20 fee for an uncovered load. We can bill customers willing to pay the extra $20 fee (if they do not have adequate funds with them), but they must sign a statement of such and provide a current mailing address.
- Appliances/tires – if the material is delivered in such a manner that it clearly can not fall or blow from the vehicle and there is no other materials in the box or trailer, then the load does not have to be covered.
- Customers with complaints, comments, or suggestions should contact the Worth County Recycling Director at 641-845-2200.
- Randy Crawford, Director · 641-845-2200